Thursday, December 18, 2014

TS4: Oh Yeah, I Say, Life Goes On (Part 21)

Sorry I'm late! And you thought I wouldn't update this Let's Play again. Oh ye of little faith... In other news, I'm making the images bigger! So you can see them better. That's... that's an improvement...

OK, fine, I owe you an explanation. See, I really liked this series, but I found that simply following the day-to-day awkward shambling of simulated beings could be quite... dull. So I was trying to come up with a plot, a story if you will, to keep things interesting and fresh. But with Nosco and Myllenium's lives running out, I had to come up with something before they, um, made friends with worms. Anyways, I've got something now, which will begin in the next update (sorry, this one will be lacking in excitement), so updates should not be as few and far-between anymore.

Enjoy!

The Sims 4: Oh Yeah, I Say, Life Goes On

Ever since Isabel's death, life wasn't the same around the Sabruka Cottage. While Myllenium and Nosco barely knew her (actually, did they even speak once?), Lilith took her death quite hard, moping around for a few weeks and generally looking sad. Her job performance was affected, so I decided to try to cheer up the household... with a makeover!

I started by renovating the upstairs office. Two computers felt like too many, and visitors would always end up there, so I took one out. I decided to make the whole place cozier and add a few other commodities to make it homelier, with the help of the in-game design tools (the game provides some design tools and example rooms for those less creatively-gifted, such as myself).


Once that was done, I turned to the fact that I had two living rooms, and exactly 0 were used at any given time. I wanted to keep one, but the other one would have to go. It was a good thing I decided to check up on the living rooms, because unbeknownst to me Myllenium was on fire. Literally.

Didn't this exact thing happen before?
Lilith was at work, so it was up to Nosco to rescue her, but he was busy... running away.


Either he was fearful of the fire, or had some other nefarious plan. In the end, I managed to force him back into the house to save his wife from an untimely and painful death. No harm done, but Myllenium is now banned from getting near the fireplace. I took advantage of the damaged living room to renovate it.


It still feels kind of empty, so I will probably end up tearing down and rearranging the walls to make it cozier. Large, empty rooms have always felt awkward and cold to me. Anyways, I'll see what I can do.

Once Lilith came home from work, she immediately went upstairs to work out with her mother in their brand-new gym, where the old TV room was.

That bookshelf-hidden-door is now hiding an empty room. I don't know what to do with it.
Now, with the pool update, which added the ability to build pools, I decided to also remodel the back yard, see if I can get the characters to spend more time outside. I moved the table over to the other side of the balcony next to a small rock garden I made in a corner. I took advantage of the extra space to expand the balcony and have some of it under the sun, as it was previously shadowed by the solarium.


I took down the gazebo I had put at the back and replaced it with a modest pool and a small patio.


I was worried that all of this was for nothing, but the Sabrukas are really enjoying spending their time in the sun, swimming in their pool.

Nosco, what the f*ck do you have on your head??
That's it for this update. I know, I know, coming back after a short hiatus you would expect something better, but I promise the whole story thing I was talking about will begin with the next update (which won't be long, but where something will actually happen). Until then, I'll leave you with a shot of all the masterwork paintings Myllenium did during her life. Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment