Saturday, February 18, 2012

Java vs C++ vs Whatever

Topic: Programming

Pretentious: adjective characterized by assumption of dignity or importance.

I want to make this clear early on because I do not want to start a debate or have to defend any language choice I will make in the future: I do not think any language is "superior" to another. Period. I have the strong opinion that a good programmer can end up doing whatever they want, or whatever they need, using only the tools provided to them. And in situations where one language IS better than another for a particular task, then just use that language!

I am saying this because I code mostly in Java. I do not do it because I think it is superior. I do not do it because I think it is faster, stronger, etc. I do it because I like Java. So with that in mind, I will not reply to comments about whether my choice of language was good or not; I'm sure that me and many other programmers are tired of this debate.

Now that that's out of the way, let me get back to my coffee...

TTFN,
Snowman

No comments:

Post a Comment