Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Say hi to Azure

Topic: Programming, AI

Artificial Intelligence: noun the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems.

Naturally one of the subjects I would like to discuss here is the research I do, namely in the domain of artificial intelligence. It is in that light that I would like to introduce you to Azure.

Azure is a baby AI (currently more of a foetus than an actual baby) that I am currently developing. It (or she if you prefer) is part of a project I've been working on for a while now, namely the Demeter Project, whose purpose it is to create controlled testing environments in which AI (which I call Units) can live, learn and strive in.

Azure is what I call an Asimov Unit, which is to say that it is a basic AI Unit; there is nothing "special" about it (contrasted with Twin, Nagato, Hive and Collective Units which I will discuss about in later posts). In fact, an AU is, in theory, the Unit which most resembles a human; an AU consists of roughly 1 body and 1 brain, while a Twin Unit has 2 bodies and 2 PSI-linked brains (which I will again discuss later).

Anyways, I just wanted to introduce Azure to you, and discuss a bit about the AI research I am doing. Now, I have to get back to work.

TTFN,
Snowman

No comments:

Post a Comment