Saturday, January 14, 2023

N.G.A. Chapter 2: Long Vigils by the Silent Dust

Click on screenshots to zoom in!

Project Zomboid

Nathan's Great Adventure


Chapter 2: Long Vigils by the Silent Dust


Day 8 (continued)


The helicopter flew overhead at the end of the day and just kept circling around. I know the pilot saw me, so there's no reason for me to stay outside in the rain. Help will be on its way now, I am sure of it.

The rain continued to fall as it got dark outside. I'm off to bed, knowing that tomorrow I'm likely going to be rescued.


Day 9, July 17th


Yesterday's light reading meant I wasn't as tired, and I woke up at 4:30 in the morning. Helicopter is still circling around overhead. It eventually moved away early in the morning. I assume it is leaving to get some supplies, or reinforcements? I'm gonna have to scrounge a little more before it comes back.


That's fine, it's only been a little over a week. I can manage.


At this point I'm not fooling myself. The odds of someone in Muldraugh being still alive are slim. I've not seen another live person in over a week until that helicopter flew overhead. So as far as I'm concerned, I should pick up what I can to survive. Right?


Found another prepper home. This one was for sale and empty; my guess is some people used it as a storage/safe house when they turned.


To compound what's a pretty disappointing day, I fell off my bike again and tore a hole in my boot. Splendid.


Day 10, July 18th


TV's out, all stations show only static now. Radio claims a thunderstorm is coming, which is good for the rain collectors. Today I'll try and complete the barricade up front. With some luck I can turn this place into some kind of fortress to weather the storm until help arrives.


...

I don't think help is coming. What they're calling the "Knox Event" has been happening all over the Country. Berlin. Tokyo.


I don't think I want to think about that right now.


Day 13, July 21st



Decided to take some time to bike around the neighbourhood. Saw multiple zombies; as I travel further away from home, I'm seeing more and more of those shamblers. I wonder why I don't see them as close to home... Perhaps they migrated to some other part of town?


Day 14, July 22nd


Major rainfall thunderstorm today. Built 3rd and final rainwater collector. Washed myself in the rain.


Day 19, July 27th



Wandered around Muldraugh a little to kill some zombies.


Day 22, July 30th



I need a haircut and a shave.


Fell off my bike, nearly got bitten.


Found the owner of the Rusty Rifle, a favourite haunt of mine. Had to put her down. Like the others. Well, I guess she won't mind if I help myself to some "supplies"?


Put it on my tab, Bree.


Day 25?, August 2nd



Power finally gave out. Luckily between the cars around and the gas I scrounged up, I'll be able to keep a generator running for some time. (Golly gee does it make noise though.)

I'll need to be careful about my power usage. Right now only the fridge is hooked up -- to preserve food a bit longer -- but lights will be a luxury at night from now on.


The good news is that I'm getting regular crops now. Cabbages are on a nice rotation, and soon I'll have some broccoli for variety and some tomatoes to use in traps.


Worse comes to shove, I still have my pickup which I can drain for gas.


Stupidly, in the late afternoon I took my bike to one of the more crowded areas of Muldraugh. The area was completely overrun, and I was pushed off my bike. One of them cut a pretty large gash in my arm, and another scratched my hand. I had to leave my bike behind, but I managed to make my way back home.


undated




undated



no one's coming no one's coming no one's coming no one's coming no one's coming no one's coming no one's coming no one's coming no one's coming


undated



Come, my children, and be baptized in Blood and Steel. You are diseased, and I am your cure.


I got my bicycle back.


undated




August 18th (1 month, 10 days since the Knox Event)



This plague is the Lord's answer to your iniquity. With his sword at my back, I will purge the land of Sin and free you from your punishment.


REPENT


REPENT


REPENT

No comments:

Post a Comment