Friday, January 27, 2023

N.G.A. Chapter 3: They Shall Have Stars At Elbow And Foot

This might be the last update for this particular story for some time while I wait for something more interesting to happen in the game. I've got some other stories in the works, however. Remember to click on screenshots to zoom in!

Project Zomboid

Nathan's Great Adventure


Chapter 3: They Shall Have Stars At Elbow And Foot


August 19th (1 month, 11 days since the Knox Event)


Yeah, the whole "repent for the end is nigh" thing isn't working out for me. Since this seems to be my new normal, I'm trying to find... I guess I would call it purpose? Something to keep me going day after day after day.


I decided a fresh start would be in order. I've shaved my head and beard -- let them grow from this point on. I've mended my torn clothes, and will, for the time being, live as a tender of the earth. And let it be known that death shall have no dominion over me.


September 3rd (1 month, 26 days since the Knox Event)


It's been storming for 3 days straight. Just as I wrote that, it stopped.


September 4th (1 month, 27 days since the Knox Event)



I've been looking for a reason to keep going. I don't know if this will work, but... I can't be the only person immune to the virus out there. I can't be. I know there are others.


I've built a pretty good base for myself here, pretty well-defended and secure.


I've even set up the ground floor to resemble a bar.


So I'm holding out hope. Hope that some day someone who is still alive out there will come along and join me. Who knows, perhaps we'll be able to build a... mimicry of society in this small part of the world. I've heard gunshots in the distance, and... the occasional scream. I know there are still people holding out. I just have to find them.


September 5th (1 month, 28 days since the Knox Event)



I've been mulling over a project in my head. The idea that I can turn this place into some kind of small settlement. I've decided to build small houses for people who would come in the future. Nothing big, but still luxuries for those who have perhaps been homeless for months, perhaps even years. And, if nothing else, it's keeping me occupied.


September 12th (2 months, 5 days since the Knox Event)



The first of the small cabins I'm hoping to eventually host people with is complete. I plan on building my own small "micro-town" and hopefully people will be able to move in at some point. If not... well, it's at least a project to keep me occupied. Every house will contain a bed, some shelves, a crate for generic storage, a fridge (whose freezers I'll use for now to store excess food), and some counters. I'm also hooking up a sink to a rooftop water-collector.


September 20th (2 months, 13 days since the Knox Event)



The small pond South of here still has fish. I wonder if there's use in building a cabin down there. An escape plan of some sorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment