Wednesday, October 29, 2014

TS4: Mors Certa, Hora Incerta (Part 20)

The Sims 4: Mors Certa, Hora Incerta

Have I talked about the cowplant before? The cowplant, also known by other names throughout the series, such as Laganaphyllis Simnovorii or the mutant plant, is the strange hybrid between what appears to be a Venus flytrap and a cow, as the name implies. It is usually an achievement to grow one, as it usually requires a high skill level to acquire. In TS4, it requires a high gardening skill in order to graft plants together.

I discovered by accident that if you graft a cherry to a snapdragon plant, you can get some dragon fruit. Experimenting further, grafting a dragon fruit to the same snapdragon plant will yield some cowberries, which when planted will grow into a cowplant. Of course, when I found out, I immediately set out to grow one myself.


And after some time, the cowplant grew.


Of course, you don't give the same care to an animal-plant hybrid that you would give to a regular garden vegetable, now. It requires regular feeding to avoid expiring.


Myllenium and Nosco have not done much since last time. They have been enjoying their retirement, relaxing and letting their pension pay for their outings and lavish lifestyle. Lilith on the other hand had to work hard to get a promotion in her career, but she eventually managed to get promoted to the position of Serious Musician.


She also spent her spare time gardening, playing music and working out.


She also became best friends with Isabel, whom I introduced to you earlier. However, over time I noticed that Isabel was becoming sadder and sadder. A little prying revealed that she had been arguing constantly with her family, so I decided to try something out; I would invite her to live with the Sabrukas for a few days, but wouldn't control her at all.


Then it all went horribly wrong.

See, one thing I did not know is that when you forget to feed a cowplant, it will attempt to nourish itself... by luring unsuspecting sims and devouring them.


Since I wasn't controlling Isabel, I wasn't checking to see if she was hungry or not. When I finally found her trying to eat the cake tongue, it was already too late.


The action had begun, and there was no turning back now.

This is the last picture taken of Isabel.
And just like that, she was gone.


The grim reaper showed up to reap her soul.


I felt bad about the whole thing, so I had Nosco move her gravestone from the yard to the local cemetery (although now that I think of it, I could have her interred in the Sabruka graveyard...).


Later, I saw that a new option to milk the cowplant had appeared, and doing so yielded a strange drink labelled Essence of Isabel's Life. I'm not sure what drinking this would do, so out of respect for poor Isabel I had it displayed in the solarium.


Lilith was, of course, devastated by the loss of her friend.


In Isabel's honour, she spent some time playing the violin at her grave, something she did almost every day off she had. Lilith had lost her first, and only, friend.


But I don't think she would remain friendless for long. Lilith invited Isabel's brother and sister (whose names evade me right now) over to extend her condolences, and she ended up befriending Isabel's sister; turns out they were twins, and share the same interests.

Twins they may be, the only physical resemblance seems to be the hair colour.
Well, I won't make the same mistake again. The next person moving in to the Sabruka Cottage will be Lilith's husband or wife.

Oh yeah, I also threw out the cowplant.

Anyways, that's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment