Wednesday, September 10, 2014

TS4: Disturbing Children Books (Part 3)

No screenshots today; EA released a patch yesterday, which made my game really choppy. I already lowered the graphical settings, but this is bizarre considering I have some pretty high-end and recently-built gaming rigs.

The Sims 4: Disturbing Children Books

The Sabrukas' stories marches on as things get more and more strange in their lives. In terms of renovations, I expanded upon the second floor again by adding a nice, luxurious bathroom, complete with high-end shower and bath. I also started adding decorations around, which I've never really bothered with before.

I built Myllenium her own private office, much smaller than Nosco's. See, on the second floor, the space allocated for the bathroom and a nice reading room I wanted to build was 5 spaces by 12 spaces. The bathroom took 5x3 spaces, as any bigger made the room feel immense, so that leaves 5x9 spaces for a reading room. After experimenting with room sizes, I can't seem to design a nice looking study any larger than 5x6 spaces, leaving a 5x3 space room available. I didn't know what I could do with that space; it is too small for any really functional room since just placing a couch there would take up a good percentage of the space, and the only thing I really think could fit there would be a bathroom, which I already have on the second floor.

Ever since I took away Millenium's alcohol, she seemed a little depressed, choosing to spend her free time staring at walls and doing sit-ups at random hours of the night. I decided she needed a hobby, something to keep her mind active during her free time, so I had her pick up writing. She seems surprisingly good at it, and started reading a lot more as a result. She also finished writing her first book:
Pat the Badger
Pat the Badger is struggling with alcoholism while coming to terms with the untimely passing of his wife.
Yikes Myllenium, what happened to you??

She seemed much happier with this hobby, but it presented us with a problem. See, in order for Nosco to proceed with his career as a start-up entrepreneur, he needs to make some royalties on mobile apps. The problem is that he can only create mobile apps at home ('cause apparently all he does at work is dick around) on the computer, while Myllenium can only write books on a computer (because apparently sims don't know how to write by hand). With a single computer, this was a problem.
The Passage of Time
This is poetry / But this is not a haiku / See? Told you so
Myllenium's new masterpiece, a book of poetry she is currently writing. Anyways, I decided that if Myllenium wanted to write, she should have a room dedicated to her craft. Thus, I squeezed a desk, chair, bookshelf and computer into the 3x5 room, converted it into a study, and voilĂ ! This seemed to satisfy both Myllenium and Nosco's needs.

I always assumed that when I was making changes to the house, the game would treat it as if the sims themselves were doing the renovations and whatnot, but I am not so sure anymore. I think that my changing his environment quasi-daily is making Nosco slowly go insane. After completing the bathroom, he started talking to himself, but only while he was in said bathroom. I thought that was funny, but once I completed the second study, he started talking to himself constantly, and only when he was alone. This is really quite eerie, as sometimes he only seems to be whispering to himself, staring at nothing.

"Sul sul boobasnot ravasheen!" Sure Nosco, sure...

Ĭ͍͉̲̩͎̮̈́͋̏͠ ̷̴̣͈̩̠͔̜̰̪̞̅ͬ̓̂̓ͥ̀s̴͖͚͇̟͕̱͍̟̰͊ͪ͗̊͌̈́̚e̷̯̭̫̳͓͊̍ͬ̾̂̑̀ȩ͎͚̦͚̬͕̖̐͟͜ͅ ̵̼̰͚̲̦̃̒y̧̥̪̌ͮ̈̈́o͈̖̻̺̪̤ͤͦͫ͐u̢̳͈̙̻̻͗̃͢͡ͅ

Cheers,
Snowman

No comments:

Post a Comment