Monday, September 8, 2014

TS4: Say hi to the Sabrukas (Part 1)

If you want to skip the review bit, just jump until you see the big TS4 title.

This weekend I decided to splurge and spend my video game budget for last month (I'm a little behind) on The Sims 4, a game which has not gotten the best reviews. Still, I'm a sucker for what I guess you can call "life simulation games" (Animal Crossing, the aforementioned The Sims, recently Tomodachi Life, etc.) and I have to say that the bad points were actually what sold me to the game. Yes, The Sims 4 (I'll just call it TS4 if you don't mind) seems to have less features than its previous instalment The Sims 3, but I don't think that's a bad thing. For starters, I missed the simplicity of the original game, and TS3 never really did it for me. I felt like it was too much detail and I felt myself forced to obey the sleep-pee-shower-eat-work-sleep routine (which I also call the SPSEWS, or "spews" routine... you'll see that coming up) if I wanted to see anything interesting.

TS4, on the other hand, seems to have simplified some things to the point where I actually feel like moving out of my all-important house and visit some things. I don't want this "review" to go too much in detail, so in short I feel like TS4 is a solid return to the franchise's roots while providing still some new improvements, the best of which I gotta say is the "emotions" system they put in. Seeing my sim get embarrassed because they admitted to being attracted to their maid, then proceed to miss work because they hid under their bed covers for 3 hours was hilarious.

With that being said, on to the journal.

The Sims 4: Say hi to the Sabrukas

After getting the game, I thought to myself: "You know, Jonathan the Almighty and Gorgeous, maybe I could do a Let's Play of TS4." And, as you can see, I sorta did. The plan is to continue this until either a) I get extremely bored of this (which I'll tell you, I won't just leave you hanging) or b) my lineage, i.e. the children and grandchildren of my original sims, dies out.

So I started creating sims for myself and my spouse. I decided to make my simile, which I called Nosco Sabruka, a complete geek; he loves video games, computers, etc. The only problem is that when creating my body type, I forgot to remove the goatee that came with the "default randomized" model, making me look like a douche. A small paunch and spazzy haircut later, I was done.

I am a little crazy looking.
I spent a little more time making my girlfriend because, well, she deserves better. After about thirty minutes of fine-tuning eyes, nose, and mouth - she deserves the extra time spent - Myllenium Sabruka was born. For her traits and personality, I decided to give her a sporty mind; athletic, healthy, and active. I'm sure this will go well with my own, less-physically-inclined clone.

Myllenium was sleeping when I took this one.
Once they moved in to their cheap. barely-standing new home, I looked for a job. Nosco easily found a job being a tech guru, but Myllenium had a bit more trouble as none of the jobs seemed to fit for a, um, fit person. I thought of giving her the secret agent, painter or astronaut careers, but I think I'll leave that for later if she gets bored of being a cook. I thought that would fit well because Myllenium's real-life counterpart is an amazing cook, but I digress. Now, and similarly to real-life, Nosco and Myllenium's work schedules are completely incompatible, with the former being a standard Monday-to-Friday 9-to-5 gig and the latter being, well, the night shift.

This is what we typically look like.
About a month goes by with my sims spewing (for those who didn't read the review, this comes from "SPSEWS", or sleep-pee-shower-eat-work-sleep) and working up in their respective companies. Nosco is an ace engineer now and Myllenium is head cook or something, but that's not interesting. Let me just tell a few stories that happened during that month:

  • Nosco and Myllenium had "woo-hoo" almost every night they could;
  • On his free time, Nosco hacked some sort of trust fund and got a whopping 0$ out of it;
  • Myllenium dragged Nosco to the gym, where she had a successful workout and he only succeeded in wetting himself and passing out;
  • With a steady stream of money coming in, I decided to improve my sims' life by expanding their house, and discovered that I can't build a nice-looking roof for the life of me;
  • The toilet broke about 10 times, the sink about 7 and the shower about 9 times;
  • Nosco set the house on fire while cooking some mac-and-cheese and didn't do anything to help while Myllenium put it out;
  • Myllenium went jogging an average of 2 times a day, and boxed with a punching bag about once a day;
  • Nosco is boring as hell, as all he does in his free time is play video games and hack trust funds;
That's pretty much it for the first part. I'll keep this updated whenever wacky or weird things happen, which will probably begin as soon as we have a bit more MONEY (as our house is butt-ugly and almost empty right now).

Cheers,
Snowman

UPDATE:
I got a few screenshots, so I'm posting them here:
Our house, in the middle of our street.
The small gym I built for Myllenium.
My office, quite sad looking. I need to renovate that ASAP.
The first floor of our humble abode.
I think Nosco was playing a game or something. Notice the crazy eyes again.

No comments:

Post a Comment