Thursday, September 18, 2014

TS4: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Babies (Part 8)

Hey everyone you two, sorry for the long wait. My time spent actively playing TS4 has been reduced recently, so updates will come a little slower from now on.


The Sims 4: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Babies

So...


TWINS


That is not a development I was expecting. Sure, I knew children were on the way, and I knew that for the sake of making my family look, um, regal, I would have to have multiple children, but at once? When I first saw that I also now had a girl, which I named Lilith, the first thing I did was stare at the screen, dumbfounded, before turning off the computer. I had to write the previous blog post ASAP.

After finishing up, I had to come up with some sort of contingency plan for this. One baby I can take care of, but two? I've played the sims before, and the number of (single) babies I successfully raised to adulthood can be counted on one hand (that number is 2 btw). This was going to be a challenge.

First, I assumed Myllenium would be out of shape and/or unhealthy after giving birth, but apparently sim women don't keep baby weight.

Dem abdominal muscles.
Then I tried to see if we were still financially stable. Nosco would be bringing in a steady source of income, but after his promotion he was left with only 3 work days a week (bringing in about $5000 for each work day, but still). See, the problem with babies is that you can't breastfeed them indefinitely.

This gets creepy at about 13 years old. Or younger, I don't know, I don't have a
baby please don't hate me for my ignorance.
Luckily, Myllenium's royalties were bringing in a nice amount of cash every day. Specifically, a nice ~3000$ in cash. Daily.

The Whore of Babylon is a children's book.
After a while, we started rolling around in cash, so I thought to myself: "Why not start building individual rooms for the kids?" I mean, sure, they can share a room, but when puberty comes along I don't trust two teenagers in the same room. Sure, they're siblings, but let's face it; how many of us truly knows what's going on in the heads of twins.

During renovations, the spewing routine changed slightly to one of diaper changing and breastfeeding (I am offended that there is not an option for Nosco to breastfeed). I knew this would take a while, since babies tend to take years to grow up. Eventually, though, I had finished renovating the house:


The rooms upstairs are mirror images, with one for Lilith and one for Aidan. They have everything a child needs: a bookshelf, a bed, a desk, a trunk for clothes, and a demonic-looking spawn of evil. I also added some monkey bars in the backyard for them to work out with.

So at some point, while caring for the babbys I formed (2 points for the reference there), I saw a simple option: "Age Up". They can't possibly mean aging them up to children... can they?


Holy hell!


--------------------------------------------------

The Current Sabruka Family Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment